Solved Questions with Answer and Explanation for UGC/CBSE NET New Pattern July 2018
1. Public order as an item in the Constitution figures in
a) The residuary powers
b) The union list
c) The state list
d) The concurrent list
Explanation: it is in the state list but does not include use of any naval, military or air force
or any other armed force of the union or of any contingent or unit there of in aid of the civil
2. The term of office of the advocate general of a state is
a) Not fixed
b) 4 years
c) 5 years
d) 6 years or 65 years of age whichever Is earlier
Explanation: the advocate general shall hold office during the pleasure of the governor. This
means that he may be removed by the governor at any time.
3. Which of the following are the characteristics of a seminar?
i) It is a form of academic instruction
ii) It involves questioning, discussion and debates
iii) It involves large group of individuals.
iv) It needs involvement of skilled persons.
Select the correct option
a) 1,2,and 4
b) 2 and 3
c) 2 and 4
d) 2,3 and 4
Ans: a), It is a form of academics instruction, it involves questioning, discussion and
debates, and it needs involvement of skilled persons.
4. As chairman of an independent commission on education, Jacques Delors report to UNESCO was
a) World Declaration on Education for All
b) International Commission on educational Report
c) Milennium Development Report
d) Learning: The Treasure Within
Jacques Delors entitled “Learning: the Treasure Within,” the report revolves around
six main lines of enquiry which will guide UNESCO’s future education policies and those of
its 184 Member states. The lines focus on the relationship between education and the six
subject areas of development, science, citizenship, culture, social cohesion and work.
5. A researcher is interested in studying the prospects of a particular political party in an urban
area. What tool should he prefer for the study?
b) Rating scale
A rating scale is set of disciplined dialogue. Its precisely defined format focuses
the conversation between the respondent and the questionnaire on the relevant
6. Which of the following statements is not true in the context of participatory research?
a) Its sole purpose is production of knowledge
b) It recognizes knowledge as power
c) It emphasizes on people as experts
d) It is a collective process of enquiry
Participatory Action Research (PAR) is an approach to research in communities that
emphasizes world by trying to change it, collaboratively and following reflection. PAR
emphasizes collective inquiry and explanation grounded in experience and social history.
7. What is/are required for good teaching?
Select the correct option
a) 3 and 4
b) 1,2,3, and 4
d) Only 4
Diagnosis and remedy are the primary elements of education system while
direction and feedback are the experimental assets in education system.
8. Every type of communication is effected by
every type of communication is affected by its context.
9. Aspects of the voice other than the speech are known as
a) Delivery language
b) Physical language
c) Personal language
d) Para language
10. Which of the following is the highest level of cognitive ability?
Ans: the original levels proposed by Bloom (in increasing order of cognitive ability) were
ordered as: knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, Synthesis and Evaluation.
11. Which of the following factors does not impact teaching?
a) Teacher’s knowledge
b) Teacher’s communication skills
c) Teacher’s socio-economic background and that of the students
d) Learning through experience
12. Techniques used by a teacher to teach include
b) Tnteractive lecture
c) Group work
d) Self study
Ans: d) Self study does not require the role of a teacher. Hence, it is not a technique which a
teacher can use.
13. A good teacher one who
a) Gives useful information
b) Explains concepts and principles
c) Give printed notes to students
d) Inspires students to learn
14. ‘Male and female students perform equally well in a numerical aptitude test.’ The statement
a) Research hypothesis
b) Null hypothesis
c) Directional hypothesis
d) Statistical hypothesis
Ans: d) A statistical hypothesis is an assumption about a population parameter. This
assumption may or may not be true. Hypothesis testing refers to the formal procedures
used by statisticians to accept or reject statistical hypothesis. Hence, a hypothesis about
male and female students performing equally is a statistical hypothesis.
15. The conclusions/ findings of which type of research cannot be generalized to other situations?
a) Historical research
b) Descriptive research
c) Experimental research
d) Causal comparative research
16. In communication, the language is
a) The verbal code
c) The symbolic code
d) The non-verbal code
language can be defined as a system of symbols.
17. Prakash walked 10 km towards south, turned right and walked 10 km and turned left and
walked 10 km. how many km will he have to walk to reach from where he started?
18. If we want to seek new knowledge of facts about the world, we must rely on reason of the type
19. When the purpose of a definition is to explain the use or to eliminate ambiguity the definition is
20. Which of the following represents one billion characters?
21. Which of the following is not an output device?
22. Which of the following is not open source software
a) Internet explorer
b) Fedora linux
c) Open office
d) Apache HTTP server
23. Which of the following represents the binary equivalent of the decimal number 25?
24. The factors which are most important in determining the impact of anthropogenic activities on
a) Pollution, affluence per person, land available per person
b) Population, affluence per person and the technology used for exploiting resources
c) Atmospheric conditions, population and forest cover
d) Population, forest cover and land available per person
25. Which of the following combinations represent renewable natural resources?
a) Fertile soil, fresh water and natural gas
b) Clean air, phosphates and biological diversity
c) Fishes, fertile soil and fresh water
d) Oil, forests and tides
26. The South Asia University is situated in the city of
c) New Delhi
27. The University Grants Commission was established with which of the following aims?
i) Promotion of Research and development in higher education
ii) Identifying and sustain institutions of potential learning
iii) Capacity building of teachers.
iv) Providing autonomy to each and every higher educational institution in India.
Select the correct answer
d) 1,2 and 4
28. Pointing to a girl in photograph, Mukesh said, “Her mother’s brother is the only son of my
grandfather.” How is girl’s mother related to Mukesh?
Only son of my grandfather means my father. My father’s sister=my aunt.
29. Pointing to a man in the photograph, a man says, “He is the son of mother of my mother’s only
daughter-in- law.” How is the man in the photograph related to the man making the statement?
c) Brother-in- law
My mother’s only daughter in law= my wife. Mother of my wife=my mother in law.
Son of mother-in –law= my brother in law.
30. When a statement has no pertinence to te subject at issue it is said to be
a) An unwarranted assumption
c) Logically inconsistent